November 13th, 2012 at 1:43 pm
2. 180,000: that’s the number of federal retirees there are in Texas. They will be leaving since our VA and military hospitals will be closing.
3. 230,000: that’s the number of federal employees there are in Texas–from border patrol to military. Some of them will leave..but a lot of them will be unemployed.
4. 57.5 Billion Dollars: That’s how much the United States Government spent in Texas in 2011 on everything from food assistance to building roads to construction projects, but not counting retirement or medical benefits for individuals or unemployment benefits. Next year? 0
5. 8 percent of $648 Billion. We figure it will take you a year to get your army/navy together. That’s your share of the defense budget for next year.
6. 8 percent of $16 trillion dollars: you’re on the mortgage for our national debt, too. Gold or us currency only, thanks.
7. 0: The amount of the social security, medicare and medicaid trust money you get upon leaving. Secession is an act of sedition. You don’t think there are no penalties, right? Current recipients will continue to draw just like other Americans living abroad…but no new recipients. They are your responsibility.
8. 22 percent: that’s the percentage of your population for whom you will be on the hook for Retirement Benefits and Healthcare in the next 20 years. You can estimate at least $ 20 billion per year just for healthcare costs of those retires by year 5, not counting SSI.